Effective Date: April 30, 2019
Last Updated: May 22, 2019
Welcome to Plaitoe!
This Policy outlines:
- What Information We Collect About You
- How We Use and Share that Information
- How We Protect that Information and How You Can Help
- What Choices You Have
Plaitoe LLC (“Plaitoe,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) is a Delaware limited liability company that provides the Plaitoe website and platform for the purpose of streamlining the human resource management process to users like you (sometimes referred to herein as “you” or “user”).
- You are not legally obligated to provide us Personal Data and do so at your own free If you do not agree to provide us with such data or have it processed by us or any of our service providers, do not enter our Sites or use our Service.
2. What Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
2.2. We do not require you to provide us your Personal Data in order to access general information available on the Sites, although such activities may still be logged. However, we do receive and collect Personal Data from you in the ways listed below. We receive and collect this data as it is necessary for the adequate facilitation and performance of the contract between you and us, to provide you the Service, to support and fulfil our legitimate interests in marketing, advertising and selling our Service to you and others, analyzing the performance of our Service, to secure our Sites and Service, and to allow us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
- User Account. In order to use certain portions of the Service, each individual must have a separate account (“User Account”). You may create a User Account or Users may create User Accounts for and otherwise provide access to the Service to Users’ Administrators and Authorized Employees. User Account registration requires you to submit to Plaitoe certain personal and business information (including personal and business information of your Administrators and Authorized Employees), including but not limited to, your name, address, mobile phone number, other business and personal information, and at least one valid payment method. You can choose to provide certain additional information while creating your User A We may contact you (either via phone call, text message, or e-mail) regarding Verification and to confirm your registration. You may access a broad range of information about your User Account through the Sites. You may update your information or deactivate and delete your User Account in accordance with the Terms or any Service Agreement between you and us.
- Usage Data. We collect and record data and sessions about how you are accessing and using the Sites and Service, which include administrative and support communications with us and information about the features, content, and links you interact with, and what third party integrations you use (if any). Such information may include Personal
- Data We Receive from Third Parties. We may receive certain data, including Personal Data, from third parties, such as service providers, ad networks, data prediction and enrichment services, and marketing agencies, relating to your preferences and use of the Sites and
- Purchases. Certain portions of the Service require payment. If you choose to create a User Account to access any such portion of the Service, we will require certain information from you as necessary to complete the transaction. Such information includes, but is not limited to, a credit card number and related account and billing information, invoice related information, and other data required to process the order.
- Log Files. We use log files. The data inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, your device’s type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, clicked pages and any other information your browser sends us. We use such data to analyze trends, administer the Sites and Service, track user movement around the Sites and Service, and gather statistical
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies. Our Sites and Service providers utilize “cookies”, anonymous identifiers, container tags and other tracking technologies in order for us to provide our Service, analyze our performance and personalize your experience. Such cookies and similar files or tags may also be temporarily placed on your device. Certain cookies and other technologies serve to recall Personal Data, such as an IP address, previously indicated by a Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal from a browser or mobile application, however, most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect limited data from your mobile device in order to provide the Service and analyze our performance. Such data includes your mobile device type, mobile device ID, and date and time stamps of Service use. In addition, we deploy tracking technologies within the Service to help us gather aggregate, non-personal
- Analytics. We use analytics tools (g., Google Analytics) to collect data about the use of the Sites and Service. Analytics tools collect data such as how often users visit the Sites or Service, what pages they visit, and from what third-party website you came to the Sites or Service. We use such data to maintain and improve the Sites and Service and our other products.
3. The Way We Use Personal Data and With Who We Share It
We may use Personal Data or other collected information in the following ways:
- To provide and improve our Service, to perform Verification, and to identify and authenticate your access to certain non-public parts of the Sites and Service;
- To consider you for employment or to facilitate your employment with potential third-parties;
- To personalize and improve Services, including advertisements, for you and others based on location information. Location information can be based on IP addresses and information from your use of Services.
- To understand our users (g., what you do on our Service, what features you like, how you use them, etc.), improve the content and features of our Service, and process and complete transactions.
- To administer Services and diagnose technical problems.
- To generate and review reports and data about, and to conduct research on, our User base and Service usage patterns;
- To provide you updates and news regarding the Service and our You may opt-out of such communications at any time, as further explained in Section 5.2 below.
- To send you service and administrative e-mails and messages, including to inform you of changes, to provide Service related notices, such as security notices, and to respond to a ‘Contact Us’ or administrative request, reviews or feedback. Such communications are an integral part of the Service and you may not opt-out of receiving them while you are a user or otherwise utilizing the Service.
- If you send communications to others or invite them to use the Service, we will use the contact information you provide us to send such invitation or communication, which may also include your name and e-mail address.
- We may share your Personal Data or other information with other individuals employed by your Employer, including Users, Users’ Administrators, and Authorized Employees.
- We may disclose your Personal Data or any information per your specific instructions or
- We may share your contact details with our business partners and affiliates, so they may contact you in order to offer, promote, or otherwise discuss our
- We may disclose your Personal Data if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such data is reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms or Service Agreement, including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Plaitoe, our Sites, Service, users, or the
- In the event we are acquired by or merged with a third-party, or in the event of bankruptcy or a comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer or assign Personal Data and any other information you provided connection with such
- We will not sell, market, share, rent or otherwise distribute Personal Data to others in ways different from what is disclosed herein. If your Personal Data will be disclosed to other recipients than are stated herein, we will inform you before such disclosure and obtain your consent.
4. How we Protect your Data
- We have implemented physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access to your information and Personal Data and to maintain data security. In addition, we follow generally accepted industry standards to protect Personal Data during transmission and once received.
- However, the Internet is an inherently dangerous place. As such, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information or Personal Data due to errors in transmission, unauthorized third-party access, or other causes beyond our control. You play an important role in keeping your information secure. You should not share your username, password, or other security information with anyone. If we receive instructions using your username and password, we will consider that you have authorized such instructions.
- If you have any questions about security on the Sites or Service, you can contact us at email@example.com.
5. Your Rights as a “Data Subject”
- Data Subject Rights. To the extent you wish to exercise your rights under applicable law (g., the EU GDPR), to request access to and rectification or erasure of your Personal Data held with Plaitoe, or to restrict or object to processing of such Personal Data, or to port such Personal Data, please contact us, your User Administrator, or edit your Personal Data through your User Account. We will comply with all such requests in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to exercise such rights regarding Personal Data controlled by Plaitoe, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Opting Out. You may choose not to receive future promotional or advertising material, or certain Service-related e-mails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” or “change email preferences” link at the bottom of each e-mail we send. You may also change such preferences in your User Account, or e-mail us your “unsubscribe” request to email@example.com. You acknowledge and agree that even if you opt out of receiving foregoing e-mails, we will still respond to any ‘Contact Us’ requests as well as administrative e-mails that are necessary to facilitate your use of the Sites and Service, as explained in Section 3.8 above.
- Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Data. If you choose not to provide Personal Data, which is mandatory in order to fully use our Service, you may still visit parts of the Sites and Service that are available to the general public, but may not be able to access certain options, programs, features, and Services that require authentication or involve our interaction with
6. Additional Notices
- Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Data. Anyone utilizing our Services may have the options available under this section as provided by applicable law. If you would like to request to review, correct, update or delete Personal Data you have previously provided, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Data for purposes of transmitting it to others (to the extent these rights are provided to you under applicable law), you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please state what Personal Data you would like to have changed or accessed. For your protection, we only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
- Data Storage. Plaitoe retains data for as long as we provide you the Service, and thereafter in accordance with our internal policies and applicable law. If you want us to delete your Personal Data, if you want to learn more about where and how long your Personal Data is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact email@example.com.
- Children’s Privacy. The Sites and Service are not intended for or marketed to children under the age of 13. Plaitoe does not intend to collect Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected Personal Data from anyone under 13 years, we will delete such information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any such information, please contact us at info@firstname.lastname@example.org.
- California Online Privacy Rights.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your personal information with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided us with personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and allow thirty (30) days for a response. We will not accept requests via telephone, mail, or facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA UNDER THE AGE OF 18. In accordance with Section 22581 of the California Business and Professions Code, you may request and obtain the removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line and allow thirty (30) days for a response. Please specify the site(s) or service(s) to which your removal request relates, including URLs where the content or information is posted, and the specific content or information you posted for which you are requesting removal. Please be aware that such request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal, and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal, even if requested.
7. Conditions of Use, Notices, and Modifications
8. Questions, Concerns or Complaints